Once you have handled the standard travel preparations, here are some less obvious items to pack and some valuable tips to assist you in cruising the seven seas.
Things To Pack
- Bring Your Documentation – Have the right credentials, or you may get stuck on the ship at ports of call. Email yourself a digital copy of all travel documents and itinerary commitments for easy access and organisation.
- Dress For The Occasion – Pack evening wear to attend formal dinners and adhere to nightly dress codes. Bring a light coat or sweater because cruise lines keep low indoor temperatures.
- Consider Your Children’s Trip – Bring a wearable baby carrier to stay mobile with your little one. Carry two-way radios to communicate with your family without using cell phones. Take sturdy clips to keep your child’s towel from flying away on the windy deck.
- Stay In Charge – Pack a power strip to charge multiple devices; most rooms have very few power outlets in the room. Get a mobile USB charger to power devices all day long.
- Maximise Your Cabin Space – Pack magnetic hooks and magnets to hang various small items on the metal walls of the cabins. Include an over-the-door shoe hanger to use as an organiser. Bring a small collapsible cooler to keep beverages cold in your room and on port visits; most cabins don’t have refrigerators.
- Items Your Cabin Won’t Have – An alarm clock won’t be available in your cabin so bring one or use your smartphone. Bring clothes hangers to ensure you have enough. A nigh light to brighten your room. Pack a small air freshener for your cabin.
Things To Remember
- Stay Healthy – Use motion sickness medications or acupressure bands to help prevent sea-sickness. Drink ginger ale and eat green apples, lemon slices or bland crackers to reduce motion sickness once it sets in. Check with your medical insurance provider to see what’s covered and what’s not while overseas. Wash your hands often! Viruses are often passed along from things you touch.
- Avoid Fee And Hassles – Purchase an Express Boarding Pass to ensure immediate delivery of your luggage to your cabin; this can take several hours without one. Avoid ATM fees by depositing funds at the sip’s casino games then immediately chasing out.
- Leverage Technology – Use a language translation app to help communicate with the locals and negotiate a fair price for that must-have souvenir. Take a RFID wallet that prevents the scanning and stealing of your card numbers from your pocket.
- Plan Your Trip – Visit the purser’s office to obtain copies of the ship’s menus so you can map out your daily dining desires. Plan your shore excursions well in advance by utilising the cruise line’s website. Purchase travel insurance to protect your investment in case of emergencies, natural disasters or itinerary changes.
For more information, tips and tricks regarding travel and cruising follow our website and stay updated to the latest travel trends and news.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Hammad_H_Sheikh/1258092